Thursday, June 5, 2014

Glory Days






Right out of the starting gate, God was giving me more blessings today than I deserved. Took this photo I call "Morning Glory" on my way to work. So cool seeing the morning sun streaking across the sky as if heralding a message.

Beautiful.

While work was stressful, I did get pretty much everything done I needed to in order to be off a few days. Still will have a bit to do in the morning. Then I am outta here! Should make me feel happy but it made me feel stressed, overwhelmed and crabby during the process of getting it done.

I am grateful now, though.


After work, I drove down to Almond, where the softball sectional final was being played between Assumption and Wausaukee. Good crowd of Royal supporters there.

We took the early lead and while the Raiders threatened to close the gap a few times, our girls stayed strong and won 7-3. Onto State!!


Next Stop: Madison! Congrats, Lady Royals, on a job well done!

(And what a nice blessing! Again.)

Got home in time to get together with a handful of friends who always manage to slap me back to reality and remind me to be grateful. I mean that in the most loving way. They help me get my head on straight before it is so screwed up I am an ugly, twisted version of myself.

Thanks for being there, friends. And to God for placing them in my life.

It truly was another glorious day, Lord.

I humbly thank you.




No comments: