Sunday, June 22, 2014

Parading Around

Since I was out of town, it sort of slipped my mind that this weekend is our annual Cranberry Blossom Fest in Wisconsin Rapids. So though there was a full schedule of events since Thursday, the only one we attended was today's parade.

We went to a friend's place we always gather at on the parade route. By "we" I mean hubby and me since Carter was in the parade.


He played in the Assumption Band float but sat on the opposite side so we couldn't heckle him nor could Mom get a scrapbook photo of him. He claims he didn't plan it that way. He just couldn't remember which side to sit on. Right.

My church also had a float, providing music from our Praise Band and bottled water. That was very refreshing for us lazy people sitting on chairs and waiting for free candy to be thrown in our laps! 

My friend Christine and I survived the heat (I should say warmth since some years it's been unbearably hot). I guess friends who "melt" together stay together. Quite literally, I suppose.

After the parade, Carter did his own thing with friends. Jim and I went up to Stevens Point to attend a graduation party for the son of one of our co-workers.

If it sounds like we parade around all weekend during the summer, that's because we sort of do. Busy, busy June and much of July. Mostly a good kind of busy.

Some if it will be even better than free candy at a parade! I promise.


No comments: