Sunday, June 1, 2014

Rain Date


April showers bring May flowers... which bring June showers??

The weather gods were definitely smiling on those graduation parties yesterday. Today, not so much. While it rained through the night, it was sunny and nice for 8 o'clock church. Got home and figured I better sneak a walk in before the precipitation resumed. Since I could see dark clouds in the way off distance, it was somewhat of a risk to go for a 4-mile walk.

Made it home just in the nick of time. I literally got in the house was drinking some water when the waterworks outside began.


Talk about a hard rain! I actually backed my car out of the garage so it could get a good washing. All that greenish-yellow pollen crap dripped right off.

Not 10 minutes later, the faucet shut off. Just like that. And it was sunny again.

Briefly.

When we saw it was going to be back "on" indefinitely, hubby and I decided to go out on a Rain Date. Perfect weather to be sitting inside a movie theater enjoying good buttered popcorn and a funny flick.

I guess you could say I was prepping for my trip out West next week. We watched A Million Ways to Die in the West. Funny stuff. It didn't scare me away from my plans in the least!

After the movie, we met up with Carter and he and Dad drove out to a summer baseball meeting while I went grocery shopping. The rain is still coming down so there was no bonding with Mr. Deck Chair today.

He got a nice cold shower, though. So he's over it.

But... am I?




No comments: