Friday, June 13, 2014

Mount Rush More... And More


Re-entry into the workforce after vacation is sort of like the hill and mountain climbing we did in recent days. Much more mentally taxing than physically, but still a significant hike.

It goes without saying that the scenery, of course, leaves much to be desired.

I made sure I was up and out of the house by 6:30 so I could get to work early and figure out what to tackle first. Obviously, making a pot of coffee trumps all. With that started, I tackled the must-get-done list, then the should-get-done list, followed by the try-to-get-done (or wait 'til Monday) list.

All this while keeping in mind that the unexpected chasms and outcroppings will throw wrenches in even the most well-planned mapped-out route.

And let's not forget that while Jim and Carter were in Madison watching our Lady Royals at state softball, I wanted to keep tabs on that game. About halfway through, I became aware it was streaming live on the Internet and was able to watch it... In a small corner of my computer monitor while working! I was! I swear. (We ended up losing 6-4 in a well-fought game.)

During the summer time, they let us out of the asylum at 3 p.m. on Fridays, no matter how far down I make it on my lists. Normally, I would stay longer to avoid that wait-'til-Monday business, but today I had to get home so we could get to Carter's baseball tournament.

Yup, school ball is done and now the Legion team action begins.

I already missed four games this week while I was hiking the more interesting terrain. It was good to see Carter in action again. This weekend's tourney is in Nekoosa. Carter played left field and made a sweet double-play happen. That was a proud mom moment. Ended up losing against the host team and have games tomorrow at 5 p.m. and Sunday afternoon. Carter will miss tomorrow since he has to work but will be set to go Sunday. Hopefully we can get a win tomorrow to put us in a better position for the finish.

After the game, we went out to eat with our friends who have a son on Carter's team. Enjoyed fish fry at The Ridges – and Carter did NOT have to wash our dishes when we were done. Not tonight anyway.

Tonight we are home and all zonking out early. Been a long week and my bed wants to spend more time with me. I must set aside my hiking gear and oblige.

Good night!




No comments: