Thursday, June 26, 2014

The B-a-a-a-dlands

As promised, here are more photos of my Wild West Adventure. This time, we are driving through the Badlands – or B-a-a-a-dlands if you are lucky enough to see the big horn sheep!

What was so amazing on our 24-mile tour was the ever-changing landscape. Sometimes we were at the top of the rocky "mountains" and other times at the foot. And sometimes in between. I was in awe of the striped pattern on the rocks, which was so even and so perfect. Just marveled at that.

Here are a few of the photo highlights. You'll notice the appearance / colors of the rocks changed depending on sunshine.



Honestly, I kept looking, but I just couldn't find one!





Big Horn Sheep in disguise! I thought they were "mountain goats." Is there really that much of a difference?




C'mon, kids. You gotta keep up!


Fighting over the beautiful necklace??


Just so darn cool!


Different coloring and formations here.


The Sphinx in South Dakota? Or just my imagination?

Snake Trail! (Or maybe just a dried up creek.)

Almost like a city skyline.


Flat-tops.
So what did you think? Not a BAD place to visit, is it?



No comments: