Saturday, June 14, 2014

Re-Entry Re-Charge

As I continue my re-entry into real life after vacation, no one in this house was allowed to set an alarm this morning. It really felt good to get 8 or so hours of sleep in my own bed!

Wasn't exactly re-charged yet, but it was enough for a good effort on a long list of things to do. 

After coffee, of course.

First order of business was getting rid of the yellowish-green layer of pine pollen covering just about every item of living room furniture, plus the dining room floor. I could literally write my name in pollen dust on the coffee table! Tried to get it dusted up the best I could, then swept and vacuumed.

Since it was sunny out by then, I took a 4-mile walk to multi-task sunworship and exercise and finish my audio book.

Accomplished all three! 

Showered and went to the library to return the book and pick out new one. Not sure which took longer, picking out a new audio book or a Father's Day card. Had one for hubby from me and one from Carter then had to go back and get one for father-in-law.

It was then I overheard a fellow Dad's Day card shopper tell her husband, "This is a nice card. Oh wait. 7 dollars? Put it back. There's no way I'm paying 7 dollars." I held my tongue but wanted to tell her I would pay ANYTHING to have my dad back for Father's Day. 

I didn't say anything, though, because I have been guilty of the same line of thinking in the past.

After a few more errands in town, came home and changed and headed to a graduation party for the son of some good friends. Carter had to work so he missed the beginning of the party and his Legion baseball game in Nekoosa. The good news is the team won AND Carter was able to join us at the party after work.

Nice time visiting with several people I knew. And while it was chilly, the rain held off until after 8 p.m.

Great party and super way to ease into that vacation-to-real-life re-entry!

No comments: