Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Leader of the Pack

It dawned on me at work today that tonight would be my only opportunity to pack before leaving town in two days. We'll be gone tomorrow night and I depart at noon Friday.

The quandry facing me is this: When one tries to pack for 7 days away from home in a Midwest "summer," one must first determine which weather man to listen to... One predicts quite cool and the other is marginally warmer.

Either way, I guess I can blame them for my tendency to overpack!

Besides vacation attire, I have to get an "outfit" together for Friday night when my siblings and I – and at least two nieces – participate in the Electric Run at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds in St. Paul. It's sort of black light, neon light, glow in the dark type 5K course. We are simply walking it for the outrageous scenery (called different light "worlds"), including ourselves. Have to get some bright ideas for that. And quickly.

On Saturday, my oldest sister Rayna (who just drove up from Texas to Canada on Hwy 281), my mom, my sister Rachel and I will head West – eventually arriving at my nephew's house in Rapid City, South Dakota, on Sunday. We'll sight-see there Monday and Tuesday and head back East to Wisconsin on Wednesday and Thursday.

Weather dudes predict a very chilly Sunday – we're talking high of 58 – which is fine for traveling. On Monday and Tuesday when we check out Mount Rushmore, etc., it will be anywhere from 74 to 83, depends who you believe.

So I'll pack for warm weather, medium and cool. And hope the suitcases all fit in my sister's vehicle. I'm guessing I can't bring my golf clubs, but I could free up some space by leaving my sweatshirts at home. If I just HAVE to buy a Badlands hoodie, then so be it.

Can I blame the weather men for my hoodie addiction, too?

Worth a shot.

OK, back to packing...


No comments: