Friday, June 20, 2014

This is my Father's World :: Part 4

This is my Father's world.
O let me ne'er forget
that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father's world:
why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King; let the heavens ring!
God reigns; let the earth be glad!


And now for some of the natural wonders of my Father's World. Needles Highway cuts through Custer State Park, which is part of the Black Hills. There are twists and turns and one-lane rock tunnels that require a warning honk of your horn and a quick prayer you don't meet someone halfway.

But it is beautiful in its rugged, jutting way. Check it out...

A fellow traveler warned us to follow the speed limit, do not exceed it!
Two-lane tunnel. Yay!





Eye of the needle.

And its shadow.
Careful!
View thru the windshield. Don't worry, I was not driving!

Black Hills.

Mom checking out the distant view.
"Needles" sticking up everywhere.


More needles.

Slow down. Way down.


Single lane but short.


Always look out both sides of the vehicle. Pretty views.
Interesting rock patterns.
Mom gets sassy with her last pose of the day!

Stay tuned. I still have to share Devil's Tower wonders and those memorable Badlands. If luck is with me, I will be home tomorrow, so your Wild West tour may wait a few days to continue.

(If I survive the Wild NorthWest Wisconsin!)


No comments: