Sunday, June 29, 2014

Rest and Recovery

When you get old like me, it takes longer to recover from birthdays.

We unofficially declared Sunday a day of rest. And compared to yesterday's jam-packed schedule, it was.

Had breakfast and I ran a few errands to drop off stuff for a graduation party for the young man across the street. Then my photographer sister and I walked over to take some neat patriotic pictures of my favorite old barn in the neighborhood. 



Cool, eh? That barn has now become my go-to object for photos. 

After our "shoot," the five of us went to the graduation party. There I finally got my birthday cake... well, courtesy of Sam the grad, that is.

Nice time there, then when we got home, we bored our guests to sleep with World Cup action we cared nothing about. 
Poor Rayna and Paul. I was tired just looking at them. And I still could use that nap!

When supper rolled around, we headed to Ida's for some excellent pizza! Ran into Carter's former sitters there. Nice to see them as always.

Just as it has been nice to have our favorite transplant Texans in the house. Birthday or no birthday, I have to start incorporating those afternoon siestas. At least on Sunday!


No comments: