Monday, June 16, 2014

Random Acts of Monday-ness


Cross-Waddle: Who doesn't mind getting "goosed" on a Monday morning? Sure gets you going for the work week. Today I had to stop for Canada geese and goslings jaywalking across the highway, ignoring the crosswalk, er waddle, signs. I didn't think the "I'm late for work due to the feathered foreigners" excuse was gonna fly. But I have photographic evidence you have to bill-lieve.



Wish You Were Here: Carter got the Mount Rushmore postcard TODAY I sent him last Tuesday from Wyoming. I had no idea the Pony Express was still active, but that has to be the reason for such slow service, doncha think?

When Dad told him he got a postcard that started out with "Hi Sweetie," I'm pretty sure the 16-year-old was hoping for a postmark from Germany. Maybe next time, Sweetie!


Web MD: I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV... Or the Internet... In this day and age, it's pretty convenient (and probably ill-advised) to self-diagnose our ailments from "authentic" medical websites on the Internet. I've done it before and I'll do it again. There's always an outside chance your symptoms will match up with the actual ailment instead of giving you 1,367 possible matches. I got lucky – if you call it luck...

Last week during vacation, I woke up one morning with major pains in my left wrist. I kind of had the twingy pains where it felt like a sprained wrist. Since it wasn't constant, I didn't give it too much thought. It has, however, kept recurring and was getting more painful yesterday when I moved my left hand in certain angles – like for driving, holding a camera and typing on a keyboard. Nothing major, right? That's when I noticed a lump on my wrist. After some pretty advanced search words, it came up immediately (with photos to match my wrist) that it was likely a ganglion cyst. (Sounds disgusting and it is. Do NOT google images unless want to see surgery. Yuck!)

I waited 'til after work to go to the clinic and, like I called it, it's a ganglion cyst. They can't cure it and they don't know what causes it so they can't prevent it. Ahh, modern medicine. If it gets larger or causes much more or constant pain, they could surgically remove it. For now, I caught it too soon (strange as that sounds) and there's nothing they can do.

It has put an '80s song in my head (no surprise). Remember when Hall & Oates sang "Kiss is on my List." Instead of singing, "Your kiss, your kiss, is on my list," I am now singing, "A cyst, a cyst, is on my wrist.."

In case you were wondering what "Monday-ness" is, now you know! Sorry. There's no cure for that either.





No comments: