Thursday, July 3, 2014

Another Birthday Already?

Another birthday in our house already! Thank goodness it's not me again. I'm still feeling my age from the weekend!

Yup, that cute little birthday boy is a slightly older version of Carter.

We could call this our Power Couple Power Week. My birthday June 28, our anniversary July 1 and hubby's birthday today, July 3. What he loves is that for four days, and four days only, we are merely 4 years apart instead of 5. If you can figure out his math. Somehow it's meant to make ME the old one.

Ha, ha. I'll never catch him!

He kept pretty busy today for an older gentleman. He walked around the lake this morning, then worked, then made supper, then mowed the front yard. Good thing the neighbor is having a fire and serving up some Bud. I worked and did little to contribute to this birthday.

I did get some ice cream for him – I swear, for HIM – from the Schwan's man. But now we'll have to wait until we get back Sunday to have it. Unless ice cream for breakfast tomorrow at 6:30 sounds good. I mean, obviously I wouldn't have a problem with it. Just not sure about that older generation.

I better quit picking on him or the guys will leave town without me tomorrow. And 4 years or 5, I am too old to go chasing cars.

Heck, in dog years I am well over 300 years old. I think I've lost my bark AND my bite.

I guess dogs just lick ice cream anyway, right?





No comments: