Sunday, July 20, 2014

Your Sunday Best

Sometimes, when you wear your "Sunday best" it turns out to be the best Sunday.

I had to read at 8 o'clock church today and thought I'd grab a summery dress. That's when I remembered my "new" dress. When I was up helping my mom de-clutter and downsize, I ran across a pretty yellow and gray paisley dress. I said, "Mom, this looks vintage but this stuff is back in style. Can I have it?"

That's when she said it was actually her mother's dress. Wow. "Oh that would make my heart so happy if you can wear it!" So today, coincidentally the same day as our Johnson Reunion up north, I wore Grandma Johnson's dress to church!

 
I felt very special. And it set the tone for a good rest of the day.

After church, I was able to watch the end of the British Open. Three of my favorite cuties finished up top: Rory, Ricky and Sergio. After that ended, I took a 3-mile walk and simultaneously got some sunshine. (Since Carter had a friend over, I was not needed at home.)

After my walk, I worked a bit on a freelance project and then planned to do house work, too, but I suddenly had a golf date!


Had the privilege of golfing with the "A" Team (aka Austin clan) tonight: hubby, father-in-law and sister-in-law. Pleasant weather and company. My golf score was not pleasant but I had no expectations since this was only my second time out this year. You read that correctly, only my second time golfing in 2014. I know. Where are my priorities?

On the way home, hubby treated me to a quick bite at Taco John's and then we walked across the street for a small ice cream treat at Dairy Queen. Did you know today is National Ice Cream Day? I had no idea. Again. Where are my priorities?

Good thing hubby's got my back! And he may literally have to have it tomorrow when I feel each and every glorious swing from this evening!

But worth it. Rest on Sundays is overrated.



No comments: