Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Last At Bat

Had our last Legion baseball game of 2014 tonight. Seems ironic the season ended how it started – with long pants and jackets and blankets handy in case we needed them. Didn't need the blankies but it was nice to be bundled up a bit.

Temperatures got lower than my age overnight. For the record, that is far below 50. Honest!

So it made for a pleasant evening made more pleasant by a win to end the season. I know you'll miss my play by play (oh ha), so here are the last photos of the year. (For baseball that is.)

Carter had a good night at the plate. Got on base and scored a few times to help in our 11-7 victory. Rest of these photos really don't need captions, do they?







While our playing season is done, we still have a league fundraiser in mid-August. Then it's off time for baseball and on time for cross country. If you've been to any big box store lately, you know the school supplies are there for a reason. All that fun is just around the bend.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's enjoy having to wash a dusty uniform for the last time. And getting a long break from swatting flies and mosquitoes in the bleachers.

I'll miss it, though. Always after a win, I think we're just hitting our stride and should play some more games. Then I remember how nice it would be to NOT have to got somewhere for once.

If I get bored, I can always watch my bottom-feeding Twins. But then I'd have to make my own popcorn and burgers. :(

No comments: