Saturday, July 12, 2014

Just Keep Swimming...

The short-term-memory Dory had some great advice to get out of a tough spot in "Finding Nemo": Just keep swimming. .. Just keep swimming. ..

That works for car show stress, too! Just had to swim through my last day and try not to drown in negativity -- or rain showers.

Managed the hard work part and even enjoyed a surprise visitor.


My brother Ron had a weekend urge to head east and ended up in Iola with a camera in hand! What a nice surprise. I was so happy i bought him the 1961 Corvette in the background since it's the same age as him after all.

Ha. I wish.

Was too busy to spend much time with him. He had to hit the road to get back to the cities. I had to close up our book tent, get home and hit the road again. It rained hard the way home so i know it poured on the car show probably 20 minutes later.

Got home, showered quick and hubby and I headed southeast toward Chicago. We just wanted to get far enough we wouldn't have to drive too far in the morning to pick up our college boy.

Through a lot of driving rain I wouldn't have been able to handle, we got south of Milwaukee and found a cheap motel. Just 62 miles from our baby!

Hope rain passes so we don't have to keep swimming tomorrow!


No comments: