Saturday, July 5, 2014

Red Hot

We checked out of Chi-Town and were on the road by 8 a.m., heading east toward Cincinnati. The forecast called for only a high of 82 for Cincy, but I wisely wore shorts. Because we ended up being red hot, more so than hubby's team. But I get ahead of myself.


From Chicago, we were in Indiana in no time, including Gary, Indiana, made most famous in the musical Music Man. Sing it with me: "Gary, Indiana..."


After a 4-hour boring drive through Indiana, we arrived in Ohio and were minutes away from the Great American Ballpark. Getting excied!

Some scenes from the park and game. Jim had seen the Reds play in their old stadium years and years ago, but this field was new to him.


Mr. Redlegs and Rosie the Red.


Jim poses by the "Great 8' mosiac display.

Father-and-son Reds fans before the game. Both had a fun day.


Christine and I were sweating and found some seats in the shade. Briefly until the real seat people arrived.Couldn't do that much since it was a sold-out game.


The only reason hubby and I were matchy-matchy is because they were giving out Joey Votto military shorts to the first 20,000 fans. Felt good to change out of my hot black t-shirt and into the large and roomy military-inspired Joey Vottot-shirt.


Dad with two of the Reds mascots befoe game time.


 The Jackons and Jim in a seat ready for the action to begine.


Trying the infamous Skyline Chili on a Coney .I assume it is piled with Wisconsin cheese! Pretty good stuff.


After the game, hubby was pretty deflated.The Reds only lost 1-0. Heartbreaker and missed chances.

Still a good game with all the post-patriotic fun -- including getting booted out of Ohio for being Cheeseheads!


Not really. Our hotel is just outside Cincy but happens to be in Kentucky.

Wow I just keep crossing off all kinds of states in my summer travels. Hope this isn't the end of it!




No comments: