Monday, August 11, 2014

A Knack for Knature

A decorative sign said: "Garden Tours: 25 cents." I took advantage of the "family discount" and got it for free. I can tell you, though, my sister Romey's garden is priceless.

Was so glad I stopped by on my way home from Up North yesterday to see her – and it. While I have 2 black thumbs, she has 2 green thumbs plus 8 green fingers! Her yard and her new garden haven is beyond amazing! Why don't I just quit talking and show you!

Thanks to her handy husband Rick she is transforming a little shed into her "Summer Cottage." It now has siding, shutters, a cute front porch and is wired for electricity! Keep in mind, this is many seasons in the making. Lots of blood, sweat and tears – and she ain't done yet!

She's a big fan of dragon flies and they fit right in with her colorful flowers and decorations.

From every angle, I'd exclaim: "Oh, how pretty!" or "Oh how cute!" Look at the neat "bottle tree." Funky stuff!

She was even so appreciative of the Packer tickets I won for her that she planted purple and yellow Viking flowers for me! She's the best!

All kinds of different Day Lilies. I previously wouldn't know a Day Lily from a Daffodil but it's an educational tour!

If a hummingbird has an evil twin, this is it! We don't know what it is! It's not a bird and it's not a bee, but it's as ugly as can be! Anyone know? Yuck.

The meaning of a dragonfly changes with each culture. The dragonfly symbolizes renewal, positive force and the power of life in general. Dragonflies can also be a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity. Also, as a creature of the wind, the dragonfly frequently represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest with the short time it has – which is a lesson for all of us.

One final, overall look! Hope you enjoyed the tour. You can make your checks payable to me and I'll be sure to forward them on!
Thanks, Romey. You have a knack for nature and design. A true gift from God.


No comments: