Thursday, August 14, 2014

Miracle on Ice (Cream)


When you see a threatening message like this, you almost HAVE to go to Dairy Queen, don't you?

I wasn't taking any chances (even though I was the one who created the graphic)!

But it was for a good cause.

Today was Miracle Treat Day at Dairy Queen. This meant that $1 or more from every Blizzard Treat purchased at participating DQ stores was donated to local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals to help children in need.

Their slogan: "Together we can provide hope and healing to sick and injured children in our community."

Plus, did you know that helping people makes ice cream taste better AND removes the calories? That's what makes it a Miracle Treat, right? Well, that's according to the very smart teenage son of one of my girlfriends. I saw it on the Internet so it MUST be fact!

So while I didn't have time to stop by DQ earlier today, I managed to get in the short line after a meeting tonight and order a small Chips-A-Hoy Blizzard. Nothing tastes as good as King Cone, but for a good cause, I made the sacrifice.

Aren't you proud of me?

Now, if only I could get through a week without ANY ice cream or its soft-serve imitations. That would be a whole different kind of miracle.


No comments: