Saturday, August 16, 2014

Not so Hot August Nights

Today had that weirdly FALL feeling to it. For one, our high school football team had a pre-season scrimmage. Secondly, while the temperature did reach 84, it seemed more like an Indian Summer day than the typically hot August days, where temps are close to 90 and humidity is off the charts.

I was just fine with that.

In fact, it even prompted me to do a little "fall cleaning." No worries, I didn't go overboard. I did add some mopping and window washing to may Saturday chores. Then, got rid of some clutter. I'm serious.

Dropped off a ton of plastic bags at Wal-Mart (they recycle those) and dropped off several bags and two boxes of old Christmas lights at the recycling center (the money raised from the copper in those goes toward Carter's trip to Germany next summer).

In other fundraising activities today, Carter and I worked concessions at a Drive One 4 Your School event, where the school earns money for each test drive of a new Ford. The junior class sold food and treats to earn money for prom. (Not ready to accept that reality yet.)

While Carter is a licensed driver, he had to be 18 to test drive one of the cars. So he didn't get to drive a new Mustang like I did!!


I would give it TWO thumbs up if I wasn't using one of my thumbs to take the picture! Was fun to drive, even though I couldn't put the pedal to the metal in the city limits. Some day, one of those sweet 'Stang thangs will be mine!

(Maybe I'll have to start my own fundraiser for that WORTHY cause!)

This evening, since the air held that autumn vibe, we had a neighborhood campfire to celebrate one neighbor's birthday, one neighbor's departure for college and, well, just neighbors being neighborly.


This version of a "hot August night" is fine with me. But you know the real ones are coming yet.

Me and Mr. Deck Chair will be fine with that version, too!


No comments: