Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Big Dairy Air


The only time I feel like a "city girl" is when I visit my twin sister's and see live farm animals that are not part of a petting zoo or exhibit at the fair!

Got up here to rural Grantsburg/Siren this afternoon in time to help feed the handful of cows and calves. And by help, I mean I took photos and, well, that was about it! I've HERD that farm girls have nice CALVES -- so I wanted to get my farm fix.

After supper, we went over to the infamous Burnett Dairy Cheese Factory and had a scoop of ice cream for dessert! They had my favorite Blueberry Waffle Cone flavor that King Cone doesn't carry any more, so I was in heaven!

Now that we have our daily dose of dairy, the twins have to hit the hay. We have to be off the "farm" and on the road by 6 a.m. for our 5K in the Twin Cities.

That's so early! Don't know how farmers do it every day but this city slicker won't be sticking around long enough to find out.

This time anyway.


No comments: