Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday SSSpecial

Sun + Sympathy + Sound = My Saturday


When it comes to Saturday, it's always best to let Sylvester set the tone for the day. If she makes sunbathing her first priority in the morning, it's obviously a sign I better follow suit.

I had to earn it, though.

I did my Saturday chores around the house, went for a run/walk and then met up with Mr. Deck Chair (sans bees' nest) for some sun and book time. Later, hubby and I went grocery shopping and then to a memorial service.

A fellow we've bowled with died unexpectedly this week. He was only 51, Jim's age, so that certainly gets a person thinking of their heart health! That and the fact I just learned one of my uncles is in the hospital for congestive heart failure. Praying hard!

For some enlightenment tonight, I met up with my next-door neighbor Niki over at the Grand Rapids Lions Park, where the band Road Trip was playing after a classic-car cruise. This was the band we heard early this spring and just loved!

I suppose we are on the verge of becoming groupies now!! We're fine with that.

They cover a wide range of songs from sock-hop tunes and Motley Crue to Lady Gaga and Blink 182. Their vocal and musical talents are amazing. Plus, they put on one heckuva video and light show.

We danced until they were done playing. Both of us realizing it more fun to work up a sweat dancing than going for a run!

Was home by 11 and now await the teenager, who worked today, then had a birthday party and now is supposedly bringing 2 or 3 friends to sleep over – even though he has to wake up at 7:30 to work again tomorrow. He doesn't always think things through.

Maybe he needs a mentor like kitty. She definitely keeps me on the right (restful) track!



No comments: