Saturday, June 6, 2015

Buy Me Some Peanuts and ... Cheese Curds

When a friend (or 2 or 5) have sons playing baseball nearby, it's the perfect opportunity to have peanuts or cracker jacks ... or cheese curds.

For breakfast.

Rolled out of bed at 7:30 and got to the 8 a.m. game for our friends' son Aaron. This is the home tournament for all the boys teams so there is practically round-the-clock action at the Kellner Ball Diamonds this weekend. Since we are having major baseball withdrawals AND we are sports junkies in general, hubby and I took in the game.

Then had hot, greasy cheese curds for breakfast.

Jim was smart and took a walk after that. I decided to get my exercise by tackling the other half of the house front I didn't get to a few weeks ago. I continued my mission of pulling out the crap nuisance shrub, plus clipping and / or pulling weeds with a little bit of raking. There are two other sections in the front yard to tackle, but I wisely called it quits after 4 wheelbarrow loads so I could save my back for another day! Plus Carter saw another snake. A garter snake, but still, a snake!

Headed back to the ballfield later and brought my camera to take some action shots of Aaron. Unfortunately, the game was shortened by big-run loss, but I got a few anyway to share with his mom. Mission accomplished.

Ran a few errands after that and am looking for ambition to get something done INSIDE the house. Don't see that happening. I think those cheese curds are still sitting in the bottom of my gut and creating an anchor on my "bleacher butt."

May have to couch it this evening and finish a book or watch some TV with hubby. I am sure that ambition will come pouring down with the rain tomorrow.

Right?



No comments: