Thursday, June 11, 2015

Filled in the Blanks


Ever have one of those weeks? It seems that every blank on the calendar has been filled. And there is no clearing in sight until next week sometime.

But I am not complaining (as long as I get to bed in about 5 minutes!)

After our campus tour fun on Monday, Tuesday was a mega-Monday kind of day at work. That hasn't changed much as our little department is taking on some more duties and we are working on our largest magazine of the year. Just a little stress.

On Tuesday after work, I made some treats for my Wednesday night Jamberry Nails party. Yes, I turned the oven on when it was 87 degrees. And yes, I turned the A/C on! It was worth it as I brought in Monster Cookies on Wednesday to work and then leftover Hornet's Cake today. Got to keep our blood-sugar levels and spirits up, right?

My Jamberry Party went quite well last night. There were 6 of us here and I had a lot of outside orders beforehand so I will be getting some serious Jams on soon. The party officially closes Friday night if you still wanted to sneak in an order. No pressure, though. Just don't come to me when you are jealous of my Jam-tastic nails!

After a late night, I managed to get up for 5:40 kickboxing class. Uff da. Felt that energy drain all day. Thus the reason for an early bedtime.

Was planning to go watch our Assumption girls in the sectional soccer game tonight. But it has been raining nonstop since this morning and still is. I have admitted before that I am a fair-weather fan. Hope they still won with me cheering from afar. As in miles away in my house.

Also had to start to get Carter's packing in gear for Germany. Borrowed a suitcase that is sturdier than ours and I printed out the packing list. That's as far as we are. A teenage boy is not that concerned. Of course, he doesn't have to worry about packing a curling iron and hair spray and that good stuff. Maybe he can pull this off by Sunday morning.

Well, I guess he HAS to.

Right now, even though he works tomorrow night and is re-taking the ACT Saturday morning, he is not thinking about either of those – OR packing. Just trying to hook up some used PS3 he bought. Good grief.

Jim may say my boy and I are two peas in a pod, but I beg to differ. I'd be packed! Of course, after the way this stressful week is going, I admit I am jealous of his relaxed attitude.

Maybe I could take a cue from my fellow pea. Thank god tomorrow is Friday!


No comments: