Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Free Car Wash and Other Freaks of Nature


I usually don't pay close attention to precipitation forecasts in the summer. I mean it's not like I have to wait for the roads to get plowed to go to work. But with all the scary flooding going on around the country lately, I am taking note.

Especially when we live smack dab in the middle of the new yellow section!

According the National Weather Service, conditions look quiet for tonight, with lows near 60°. (We just shut the A/C off because tomorrow's high is only 68.)

However, showers and thunderstorms will return as an area of low pressure along with a warm front will move into the region, bringing abundant rainfall to Wisconsin. The timing of these storms look to start in the afternoon Thursday and continuing through Friday. Expect heavy rainfall, with accumulated amounts of 1 to 2.5 inches in our forecast area, with 3 to 3.5 inches in central Wisconsin. The heaviest rainfall is expected to fall Thursday night into Friday morning. 

Remember, if you encounter flooded roadways: turn around, don’t drown! This is especially true of compact car drivers like myself, but pickup drivers should not try to be a hero. Just watch the news if you need to see current examples of why not to attempt to "power through."

I'm just glad we got the lawn mowed and some more weeds pulled before the rain. And based on all the bugs I hit coming back from Minnesota, I could use the free car wash!

Be careful out there. And smart, too!


No comments: