Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Take a Hike

Guess who received some more photos from Europe? I did, but I am willing to share!

Above is just your typical view while hiking the Alps in Austria. They had somewhat of a rainy time but that didn't prevent my boy from using that camera! Chip off the old block.

Favorite picture. I want to call this "You First." Anyone who knows me knows I am a bit Distress Diva when it comes to heights. I just can't approach them calmly. Carter not only has great photo composition here but really makes me not want to look down!

Guess what? It's not that far down after all! I still would be freaked when it started swinging though. In this photo we have, from left, Lukas' little brother Florian (Flo), Carter, an unknown friend and Lukas.

I guess the swinging bridge is better than crossing on a log! (I'm kidding. I'm sure it's just part of the photo. I hope he wasn't at risk, says worried Mom.)


Carter's host family taking a lunch break on the Alps somewhere. Front is mom Yvonne, Flo and Lukas. Back is his dad Peter. Anyone singing Sound of Music yet?

I gotta give him props for mimicking my photo skills. The scrapbook thanks him in advance!

I never know what the rock piles represent, but I see them often and the ones that manage to stay standing are cool. 

 Waterfalls of all sizes...



And despite all the rain, they went to a water park. He said Area 47 was awesome. 

Mountain water from the Ă–tztal Alps nearby feed the swimming areas there. How cool is that? Well, probably really cool compared to heated pools in other parks.

According to Carter, they enjoyed a meal "at the world famous Stanglwirt restaurant and it had the best food ever." It is part of a 5-star hotel with an unobstructed view of the mountains. And the scenery in the parking garage was pretty decent, too...




Boys and their cars!

At some point, somewhere, he toured another beautiful church.



I would be up to a jillion photos by now I think! So many interesting and beautiful things! So jealous yet so thrilled he gets this unique opportunity. I don't think a month is long enough to take it all in. 

But he can't stay one day longer!






No comments: