Thursday, June 25, 2015

Process of Elimination


I have probably lost more weight than anyone I know. The problem is, it finds me. I lose it. I gain it back. I lose it again. I gain it back again. I always thought giving up the "good stuff" was the hardest thing to do in a diet.

Until I saw this quote about the "elimination diet." How about a diet that lets you give up "bad stuff"?

Sounds great but looks hard, doesn't it? That's quite a list.

Thankfully I am slow to anger but I am also slow at letting go of regrets and resentments. I am a work in progress there. I have to stop myself from saying, "I wish I would have..." It's simply not going to change anything. Instead, I need to learn from negative choices and use them to change myself for the better.

On that short but heavy list, worry is the hardest for me to eliminate. Harder than carbs. Harder than ice cream. Harder than mint chocolate. Harder than anything.

Again, worrying simple is not going to change anything. Yet I just can't figure that out on a consistent basis. I wonder if I say I am concerned if that is a better action. Or is concerned just a close cousin to worry?

Probably. Either way, I need to continue to turn worries and concerns over to God in prayer and just trust that He's got it. I pray a lot, but I guess don't always let go of the prayer so He can take it. I'll continue to work on that.

Maybe the pounds won't fall off but the weight on my shoulders will surely lighten.


No comments: