Tuesday, June 16, 2015

On the Web

You know it's a bad sign when Mr. Deck Chair is "growing" cobwebs. It means either summer has made infrequent appearances or Robyn has been too busy to spend any quality time with him.

Or both.

The answer is: BOTH.

With temperatures dipping into the mid-50s tonight and rain again tomorrow, it just hasn't felt much like summer. Though we have managed to enjoy some outdoor time between showers and sweatshirt days. Unfortunately, I've just been too occupied to set aside time with my good friend on the front deck. When I saw the cobwebs today it was a reality check. I really need to relax more. Right?

Last night I went to kickboxing class after work and then proceeded to read our entire book for Book Club – since Book Club was tonight. Apparently I thrive on deadline.

Today I worked from the home office and did sneak outside to eat my lunch. That's when I noticed the web. Otherwise, it was work and work until Book Club.

Tonight we discussed The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, a nice read with a few plot twists. Had a good discussion and it helped that everything was so "fresh" in mind. (Note to self: Don't spend that much time in one sitting or your neck and back will never recover!)

Someone asked me if I missed Carter yet. I guess I haven't had time. I still think he's just at work or at school or at a friend's. Then I heard the door today and my first thought was that he was home. I'll give it another day or two and see how I am. I got a text last night but I don't expect to hear from him every day. Probably not wise since they are supposed to be concentrating on their "new" family and all the new experiences.

I'd probably start "growing" cobwebs, too, if I sat around and waited for a teenage boy to contact his mother. But as much as I hate spiders, it will be worth it when he does.


No comments: