Sunday, June 28, 2015

Double Scoop


After spending part of our birthday behind bars, I took my twin for her first King Cone visit today!

Oops, back up.

Behind bars?? Well, leave it to us to wait until we're 47 to cause trouble.

C'mon, you don't believe that, do you? We actually met up at the prison in Winnebago to visit her son (my nephew) Tony. What a great gift for her (and her daughter Ashley) to see him. And what a great gift for me to see him AND spend my birthday with my twin for change!

It was a nice visit. He is looking better and feeling better and even has a full-time job now. Sort of a prison work-release program they offer at Winnebago. That's great. Unfortunately, it's second shift so I can't do the Tuesday evening visits after work, but I can still do weekends when I can. In the meantime, he did receive some notes from my blog readers so I THANK YOU for reaching out to him!!

After our visit, I led them northward. They had a 5-hour drive ahead of them but we made sure to make a pit stop at King Cone for a birthday treat and to exchange gifts.


Nothing says "twins" like getting each other the same card! Can you believe that? Of all the tons of sister cards out there, we both found the same one? Crazy. We just laughed and laughed about that!

Our time there was short so they could hit the road. I got home and did some work and then hubby took me out to eat at Ida's for their yummy thin-crust pizza. Yum!

That AND a piece of "Wacky Cake" Raylene sent home with me AND getting a birthday text from Germany made a perfect day! Thanks for all the wishes!





No comments: