Saturday, June 27, 2015

Sweet Saturday

Such a perfectly gorgeous, fun and full day today! Almost midnight now so I am going to be brief since tomorrow promises the same!

Slept in past 8 a.m. so that was a good start. Since my exercise class was called off today I figured I'd go for a run. Even though it's been what, a month since I last pounded the pavement?

It didn't feel too bad at all, though. Just a typical run in the neighborhood... First I was running alongside horses (well, people riding on horses) on Townline Road. For the record, they are faster than me.

Then I saw the "Mile 12" sign on 64th Street and realized I was caught up in a triathlon. And they were passing me, too! To their credit, they were on bicycles – and surely not confused that an old lady had already moved on to the running leg of the race! My neighbor was parked at a corner on the route so I stopped to visit her and cheer on the cyclists awhile before taking that last half mile home. Nice day for the event.

Hubby and I hit the road a little after noon to go to Madison. We were heading to a graduation party south of Madison but our first stop was at the shopping center to pick out some clothes for my niece's upcoming wedding. I do have 2 summer dresses I adore, but they are quite used and Jim thought I could use something new. Hey, when your hubby suggests clothes shopping, you don't question it! We both found something at the first store we went to so we were on the road again in no time.

Next stop: Oregon, Wis.


Always a pleasure to see my high school BFF! Luck class of '86 represents! Some 25 years out of college and I finally get my Blue Gold buddy to wear a UW-La Crosse shirt! Either Julie loves me (and my alma mater)... or her daughter is going there this fall. Yep, she does love me but her daughter Shelbey (who we honored today) is headed to LAX. I thought it was cool that Julie, her husband and other daughter were all sporting UW-L shirts to support the graduate's next move. What an exciting time and sad, too, as their nest will be completely empty come September!

From there, we got on the freeway and headed to Wisconsin Dells, where our nephew Colin was racing this evening.

Crazy beautiful weather! Sunny and 75. Nice day to be at the track.

Date night in the Dells!

Colin didn't qualify for the main feature so had to finish in the top 4 of the semi-feature to advance. He not only finished well, but took the checkered flag! Whoo-hoo!

Here he is in victory lane. Sorry about the grainy pictures.  I was sitting way far away and tried zooming with my phone. Not bad but I would have brought my zoom camera if I would have known he was going to be winning. Ha. Wouldn't that be nice to know in advance?

The feature did not go as well but it was still a nice night to watch. Got home after 11:30 p.m. and we only saw a half-dozen deer or so. And that was all in the last 5 minutes of the drive. Figures.

Tired now because it was a full day and maybe, just maybe, I am getting old!





No comments: