Monday, June 15, 2020

Back in Focus


After a spring of no sports, I dusted off the camera last night and found a baseball game. Yup, baseball IS happening – if you know where to look.

Ran into a friend Saturday whose boys are playing for the Marshfield Chaparrals. Or Chaps, as they call themselves. I don't even know what a chaparral is – I thought a bird since the logo is one – so I had to research and share (like I always do).

According to girlfriend Merriam Webster, a charappal is dense impenetrable thicket of shrubs or dwarf trees. The term "chaparral" also refers to an area where plants adapt to droughts, sun exposure, and fire. So..... Go, shrubs!??

Oh well, it's a team of college-aged boys and last night they were hosting the Medford Moondogs. Go Dwarf Trees! Beat those Lunar Halos!

Hey, it was baseball. I was happy. My camera was happy. My friend's son was the winning pitcher and the save went to a former Assumption Royals pitcher. Pretty cool. And the game was exciting. Tied up in the 8th inning. Spoiler alert: Chaps were victorious.

I was pleased my camera cooperated in the dimming light of day. Just a few shots to share...


Caleb up to bat.


His brother Nathan in to relief pitch.




And "E," former Royal, pitching for the save!

The game got over after 9 so it was a dark 45-minute drive home. Needless to say, I almost hypnotized myself because my eyes were constantly darting back and forth from ditch to ditch on the lookout for deer. Do not want my dear Herbie to be a deer Herbie.

Got home safe and sound but had internet issues so didn't blog. Hope you had a nice Sunday, too!


No comments: