Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Laying Low


Poor Princess Pukes-A-Lot has been laying low today. She's been on a bit of puking routine here the past few days so we're not sure if she's sick or just doesn't like the heat. We had the air on today because, as usual, everything we do, we do for her comfort and convenience first.

She must have felt a bit better because she jumped up on my desk to supervise my blogging. "Don't say anything bad about me," she said.

Yes, it's Day 100 in quarantine and I now speak fluent feline. Be impressed.

No judging.

I did have an evening out, though. Instead of meeting virtually via Zoom, our book club met in the host's back yard, with chairs appropriately social distanced. Worked great for me since the hostess was Cindy, right across the street.

What a nice night to sit and catch up – and talk about the book, of course. We all gave high marks to American Dirt. Worth a read! And if the mosquitoes hadn't made an appearance, we might still be out there! At least it's not a West Nile Virus year.

Yet.

We just never know what 2020 is going to bring next. All I know is it's my birthday month, so eventually, 2020 is going to bring a trip to King Cone. I'll be like kitty and lay low until then.


No comments: