Saturday, June 6, 2020

Sort of on the Wild Side


Had a whirlwind trip Up North and back today. Just me and hubby's big blue truck. And my fancy two-pillow booster seat. He had a perfect day for his out-of-town golf outing and I had a perfect day for a long drive.

It was awesome to visit with my mom and see four sisters as a bonus. And super awesome to get up and back without any deer mishaps.

I got up to Mom's apartment in Grantsburg a little afternoon and took her to lunch at T-Dawg's, where my sisters Renell and Raylene were able to join us. After lunch, I took Mom for a drive. We pretty much cruised around the Crex Meadows Wildlife Area on the north side of Grantsburg.


Although the sign says our entry is prohibited, it's just going into that field to hunt or trap. We could stand legally on the road side and look at it. It's Mom cute in her little hat?  We saw some swans and birds and flowers. I'll see if any pictures turned out and share tomorrow. After cruising a few hours, I dropped her back at her place and started for home – with a few planned detours.


Stopped by my old church to visit Dad in the cemetery. Had a good conversation. And I knew he was listening because when I stopped talking, then the patriotic pinwheel at his gravesite would start spinning, as if he was answering.


Glad I asked him to get me home safely and that he agreed to it!

From there, I headed southeast so I could near Balsam Lake and stop at a graduation party for my sister Romey's granddaughter Rylee. Didn't stay too long since I had nearly 4 hours drive to go. Romey and my sister Rachel were there so I got to see 4 out of 7 siblings today. Not bad. 


So I call this picture with Nell and Lene "Sister Distancing part 1."


And this one with Romey and Rach "Sister Distancing part 2."

I know. We were all acting on the wild side today, weren't we? Photos without face masks. 

Well, when we're all so happy to see each after nearly 6 months, why hide the smiles? 

Hopefully it won't come back to bite me in my tired, trucker butt. Dad sounded like he'd be watching over us for that, too. Thanks be to God.


No comments: