Monday, June 1, 2020

OK, June, You're Up


Welcome to June, Day 82 of Quarantine, and the 1,382nd day of the year! It feels like it, doesn't it? June is best known as Dairy Month, my Birthday Month (alllll month), and the Last Chance to Turn This Year Around Month. No pressure, June!

For my future reference, June brings 
  • A continuation of the global pandemic – 10 cases, 1 death in Wood County, with businesses reopening
  • An appreciated continuation of full-time employment, working from home 
  • A recent surge in racial and civil unrest (protesting, looting, fires, shootings) across the U.S. following the George Floyd murder in Minneapolis
  • Hubby's first haircut of 2020 (phew)
June also brings my uncertain vehicle situation following my first car-deer accident this weekend. It's a waiting game now as my car gets towed to Rapids – either today or tomorrow. Then the body shop dude and insurance guy have to come to some sort of agreement on whether it is totaled for sure – or if it can be fixed in the next few weeks. I am hoping I know by the end of the week if I am supposed to shop for a good deal or find patience and wait for body shop miracles. 

Sigh. At least I have my health, right?

June also brings a last minute change-up in College Boy's summer plans. He had concerns about going to Nebraska with the pandemic situation. But now, with all the protests and violence – yes, even in Lincoln, Nebraska – he requested today and was approved for an alternate internship plan. Bottom line: He's staying in Platteville this summer. It was a good decision. He feels better. And of course, Momma has some peace of mind.

Pretty much a staple of 2020. Life changes from one day (or minute) to the next. 

Let's hope June brings happiness, health, peace, joy, social closeness, ice cream, and birthday cake. That should do it.

No comments: