Sunday, June 21, 2020

This Is My Father's World

This is my Father's world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world,
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas,
His hand the wonders wrought.
 

Started off Father's Day enjoying "my Father's world" with a hike around Lake Wazeecha. My neighbor Marigene and I had to trek around a lot of standing (and moving) water on the usual paths thanks to all the recent rains. Still we got our 4 miles in!

What a gorgeous day! Hubby enjoyed golfing with a buddy at Bull's Eye Country Club while I was walking. Then I figured I'd do the nice Father's Day gift and mow the front lawn. That got a little hot, but it needed it! Again, thanks to all the recent rain.


Later in the afternoon, we headed over to Jim's parents to celebrate with his dad and mom. See we're social distancing from them! We had takeout pizza so no one had to work on this Father's Day – though my sister-in-law made a pie for Dad and I baked cookies for him, too.


Feel blessed to have my father-in-law still here and healthy when I miss my dad on days on like these.

If you're still lucky enough to have your dad around, tell him you love him and certainly hug him as often as you can. Do not take the present for granted. I have great memories, but I'd give anything for one of his solid hugs!

Happy Father's Day to all you dads, step-dads, foster dads, "furry" dads, and father figures out there! Our lives are better because of your love and commitment!

No comments: