Friday, June 12, 2020

Home, Sweet Honda


Had the day off today so I could head down to Madison and test drive a Honda. After a thorough search in a 100-mile radius, I narrowed it down to this 2019 HR-V.

I didn't even know about the HR-V until my searches. We've had a CR-V, Civics, and Accords, but the HR-V, which is basically a Robyn-sized CR-V, came on the scene a few years ago. This one has my required backup camera and heated seats. Ha. It also has less than 3,000 miles on it. So to me, this the newest used car I've ever owned. Ever.

And I love it! It seriously is just right for me! It sits up high like the CR-V, which I like so I can be above traffic a bit (and deer), but is small enough to park or turn on a dime. Lovin' it!

Not sure on a name yet since my Accord was Black Betty. Maybe this one can be something like HeRV-y or Herbie? Hmmm. I'll think on it.


We celebrated by having a relaxing evening by the fire. Yes, I dared to sit in the backyard, but only because I was hoping the flames would keep the snakes at bay.

It worked. A few mosquitoes came and so did the neighbor. But other than that, felt pretty safe. I know I have to get back out there and pull weeds tomorrow. But I'm pretty sure I'll find at least a half-dozen excuses to use my car first.

Can you blame me? 

#hondaloyal #hondalove
 

No comments: