Monday, June 8, 2020

Like, Totally


After 9 days without wheels, I finally got my answer this morning. As I suspected, my car is totaled. The insurance lady promises the check will be in the mail soon. Yay. Now at least I can move onto the next step: Shopping.

On a budget of course.

I was beginning to feel like these folks I passed on Highway 29 on Saturday...


But I should only have to suffer the Amish lifestyle a few more days. Between our busy work schedules, we won't be able to get out of Dodge until Friday. So we'll take that day off – assuming my search of a 100-mile radius means we're leaving town.

Not sure what exactly I'm getting or looking for, but there's a good chance I'll stay loyal to Honda. As I told Carter today: They last forever... until you crash 'em. Guess we both have lived to tell that tale in the last 8 months. Yikes.

So we'll see if we can get something positive going in 2020. I know dealerships are encouraging online purchasing but, dang, I can't imagine dropping a pile of money without test-driving the car first. Us vertically challenged drivers have special needs! I don't want to sit on two pillows like I do in hubby's truck!

I'll let you know what I come home with on Friday. In the meantime, I should probably take my bicycle down from the garage rafters. Just in case.




No comments: