Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Back in my Super Model Days...


OK, I obviously have never been a super model. Not even remotely. But I have been the poster child for a few things. And I have been on the cover of a magazine. Sort of...

I love that my memories on Facebook this week are popping up with photos from our Scandi-hoovian Tour two summers ago! Oh what a time! And really, how blessed am I that I timed that trip and my Germany trip to happen before all this pandemic business. Lucky me!

It it a great trip down memory lane – even the "photo shoot" at the IKEA Museum in southern Sweden. I'm obviously dressed for a cover shoot with my jeans and running shoes on! Uff da. (Had to throw one in there!)

I think all of us who have traveled in the past year feel fortunate that we got to go someplace – or frankly that we had someplace to go! Today is Post-Washington Day 99. I don't think I'll have much of a summer vacation. I have vacation days to take but, again, where do I have to go? Or, more accurately, where can I go?

This is the one time a Stay-Cation has no appeal to me. And my overseas modeling gigs overseas are few and far between.

Just like IKEA, I'll have to assemble a little adventure here. Maybe something with Swedish meatballs and sunshine and relaxation. And definitely no snakes. Keep those in Ireland, St. Patrick!


No comments: