Tuesday, August 24, 2021

A Soaker

This was the Monday-est Tuesday ever. The first issue was waking at 2:10 a.m. – and still looking at the clock at 3:56 a.m., trying to fall back asleep. No reason. Probably just an old lady thing. The issue was that is was so dark this morning. 

Oh I'm not talking 6 a.m. More like 9 a.m. when dark clouds parked overhead and the thunder rolled. And the rain fell.


Boy did it fall! We had two rounds of rain in about a two hour span and it dropped just about 2 1/2 inches!

Crazy. So yeah, I wanted to crawl into bed and nap. At many times today. But powered through.

No promises for tonight, though. I have had a productive few hours since getting done with work. Almost halfway done with a baby blanket for a new great-niece to love. (Congrats to my nephew David and family!) while knocking off two Hallmark movies from my DVR queue.

Oh I can multi-task with the best of them! 

Must be all this free time since I didn't have to water my flowers today.



 


No comments: