Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunday Fun-Day

There's a host of us who could have used a day of rest today – or some recovery time to chill out anyway. But we didn't.

Hubby's schedule was full from church to a church picnic to golfing to fantasy football draft, so I haven't seen him since 9 a.m. My neighbor texted me during my first cup of coffee to see if I wanted to go walk around the lake. So as soon as my online church was done, I got those first 4 miles out of the way! 

Then it was chore time – a few things I neglected yesterday like laundry and dishes. I didn't overdo it or anything. Oh and whipping together a salad for MY church picnic. Hint: A Lutheran salad involves Cool Whip as the main ingredient, of course.

Went to Lake Wazeecha at 3:30 p.m. and had an interesting time trying to play the kids games while waiting for more adults to show up.


It didn't matter how many times this kid demonstrated how easy it is to hit the Velcro soccer ball and stick it to the inflatable dart board, I couldn't do it. It went left, right, and even under it. But it took about 43 tries, then...

Bam! It stuck!! Can you imagine how long it would take to play a game of "301" or "Cricket" with my skill set? Like forever, is the answer.

At least I was smart and didn't hop inside the ball for the human bowling game. If I didn't break a toe in dart soccer, I certainly would be due for major chiropractic needs if I tried that . So I settled down and enjoyed picnic food and seeing quite a few people I haven't seen in person in ages. Very nice!

Had to skip out early to go do a senior photo shoot down at Sand Valley golf course. Nice background, nice lighting, and great kid! 

Now I'm going to sit in my recliner and relax like it's Sunday!


No comments: