Monday, August 30, 2021

Sub Par-Tee Girls


And that's a wrap on my summer golf league adventure. As a sub, that is. It was so fun to get to sub a handful of times with the Par-Tee Girls team at The Ridges! It just happened that tonight I was needed for subbing AND it was the last night. 

So we had a scramble followed by a banquet and prizes and stuff. Didn't win anything, but I took home a lovely cupcake. And some new friendships.


I almost took home my friend Wendy's head cover but because I love the Caddyshack character. But I stayed on the law-abiding side of things. And kept our friendship intact.

One interesting fact, and then I'll let you get on your way, was that they never had a rainout all summer. Plenty of sultry evenings but never a rainy Monday. That's so unusual, given the fact water is pooling everywhere around here now! 

But that's it. Was a good time and good to see a few old friends who played on other teams, too. My season in general is not done. Even though I feel like I squeezed two months of activities into one month in August, I still have golfing to do and rounds on my punch card to walk.

Let's hold onto to our above par summer a big longer! 

No comments: