Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The Art of Listening


Per usual, if it's just us girls home, as soon as the princess wakes up, she goes caterwauling up and down the hallway in search of her human. Finally I caught her on my Meow Talk app tonight and it translated into "Listen to me." That makes sense.

But then I used it again when she got to my office door and it translated her next meows into, "Hi there."

Oh kitty. If you're going to keep doing this multiple times a day – including the middle of the night – you better have something more to say than hello!

Of course, I'm usually sound asleep and only hear one or two times per night instead of the 2 to 4 she comes sauntering down the hall toward our bedroom. Lucky me for not being her favorite.

I often wonder what super power I'd want. Usually I'm thinking super fast metabolism (ha) or ability to fly or be invisible, etc, but maybe channeling my inner Dr. Doolittle wouldn't be so bad. I might be afraid of what I'd hear, though...

Sylvester: Hello, my love.

Jim: Hi sweetie. Come sit on my lap and take a nap.

Sylvester: Ok, but why is SHE still here? It's been 523 days since she was last in the office!

Jim: Oh don't worry, honey. She'll got back soon.

Do I tell them the snow may fly before I return to the office? I bet kitty already knows. She listens.

No comments: