Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Watch for Deer

Did you know that when we say goodbye and end it with "Watch for deer!" it's the Midwest equivalent of "I love you"? Yup.

And make sense. There are certain times of year – like right now! – when they are what stands between you and a safe ride home. 

The picture above was my view at a stop sign tonight. I saw one standing there and put my window down to take a picture and as he or she was jumping back, I suddenly spotted 3 more. Wow. Stay there, deer family!

I'm extra paranoid after totaling my car a year ago when I met a deer unexpectedly on the interstate. Not fun. Not worth repeating. So my drive home at dusk tonight was a slow one (which is not easy for Leadfoot Robyn) but I made it home safely.

Somebody must love me!

Be careful out there. Watch for deer! XOXO

No comments: