Saturday, August 28, 2021

Walks Down Memory Lane


 We took some walks down Memory Lane today. This week was the ODC Run, Walk and Roll virtual event. Sort of virtual. We could gather in small groups to walk in memory of someone – plus they had a few organized gatherings. I was able to go today to walk with Team Doug Hug – in memory of our friends' father who gave the best hugs!

I also walked in memory of my dad, too. Because he's really never far from my thoughts. Any day of the year.

While I was doing that, Jim was busy getting things set up for his 40th class reunion. Not a typo. The Assumption class of '81 was walkin' and rockin' down Memory Lane today. For a lot of the day. 

Since he was on the planning committee, he was at the park early with setup and grilling and all that fun. The reunion officially started at 3 p.m. I was there until 5:30 p.m. and went to shoot the football game (no rain or lightning until it was done this time). We won 22-18. Yay.

Then back to the reunion to pack up what I could to bring home. There was still a large group there when I left. I know they had to be cleaned up and out by 10 p.m. so I'm guessing they're cutting it close. It's been raining since I left them so I timed that right.

And a nod to Mother Nature, too, for cooperating two days in a row. With MY schedule anyway!

No comments: