Thursday, August 5, 2021

Burning Ring of Fire Inside

I consider myself a spice girl – not just pumpkin spice but really spicy food. I always think the hotter the better. Give it some flavor! 

Sometimes things are just hot to be hot though, with no taste. Then it's just painful. Like right this minute. My entire mouth, throat, and stomach are burning rings of fire – thanks to some "Inferno" bratwursts from Ski's Meat Market that came with a verbal warning. "These are very, very hot." Which I ignored and said, "Oh I know. But I love hot!"

Not this though. I got home from a photo shoot after 8:30 p.m. and finally ate supper – some yummy corn-on-the-cob from the neighbor's garden and a half of an Inferno brat... plus three glasses of chocolate milk. You know milk is better for hot and spicy than water, right? Now you know.

I can't decide if my stomach is upset from the heat or half a gallon of milk. We'll see if I get settled down before bedtime. Meanwhile...

I finally captured that other ring of fire tonight on the way back from picture taking. Glad I had my good camera. I stopped several times down one road because I could see the big red ball in various stages before it sunk behind the tree line.





That's one ball of fire to enjoy anyway. I'll let you know tomorrow if I needed to turn my blanket on tonight. 


No comments: