Friday, August 13, 2021

Just Hangin' Out

After having withdrawal symptoms from the Olympics being over, we were treated to a gymnastics show in our front yard tonight. Well sort of.

My niece Caryn and her three youngest arrived this evening for a weekend visit. Love getting hugs all the way from Minnesota... IN PERSON.

Makayla is the one who trains at the same gymnastics facility in the Twin Cities that Olympic medalist Grace McCallum does. They got to see her this week so that was pretty exciting for our little rising star. She showed me some of her skills right in the front yard – and at the neighbors' – without any mat or cushion beneath her. That's OK. She didn't need one as she did back flips and aerials and walked on her hands without error. Crazy good. 

After grilling out for supper, we had our first fire in the backyard in ages, it seems. Definitely my first s'more of 2021. Yum!

Of course, all boys like playing with fire. They're making torches!

And us grownups played with it, too, adding some old Christmas lights to add colorful flames via the copper wiring. There was some blue and purple in there, too. Pretty!

There was kind of a fall vibe with the cool temps tonight. Should be nice tomorrow so we can do a few things outside. I'll try to use my good camera and catch some action! 

Right now, though, I gotta hit the sack. I am undertrained to keep up with a 5th, 3rd, and 1st-grader! But I love it.

No comments: