Sunday, August 1, 2021

Church Music

What starts with a polka and ends with beer, burgers, and bingo? A good old-fashioned church picnic, of course. Make that Catholic church picnic. We Lutherans haven't ventured too far beyond our Jell-O salad potlucks yet. But I see potential.

This afternoon we ventured up to Rudolph for their 100th anniversary church picnic. Since it also served as a fundraiser, there was not only the toe-tapping live music of not one, but two different polka bands, but also a beer tent, bingo and other games, burgers, pie and ice cream, and raffles. With the sun out and the weather in the mid-70s, it was a perfectly pleasant day for a picnic. 

We saw plenty of people we knew so our stay extended into a few hours. That's fine. It was relaxing and fun and I will now have polka and waltzes running through my head for at least the next 48 hours!

On a side note, I did get back to my own church this morning in person for the first Sunday in over a year. Great to sit in "my pew" and see everyone again! We've had services online this entire pandemic period, but nothing beats those in-person hugs!

They might not make me dance like a polka, but I do smile a lot and kind of skip a little! 

Hope we all have good things to carry us through the week – or at least Monday!


No comments: