Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Gratitude Challenge Day 10 :: Art

Whoever said "Beauty is in the eye of the ART-holder" was probably a mom. We definitely have that 100% biased opinion when it comes to our children's creative efforts. And there's no shame.

Day 10. Beautiful art.

I'll just bust into Mom Mode without hesitation. I always loved when Carter brought home "art" or made a special card. As with most kids, he made it with love and was bursting with pride. How can you not lavish praise in return. And of course, keep it forever. Or until it gets destroyed in a flooded basement or you downsize the art collection to fit into scrapbooks for safe keeping. I've had a little of both happen to me. And the boy's works.

Some I've just had in my office, which I didn't always get to look at until I started hanging out in here. 615 days ago. But who's counting?

A few frame-worthy ones...


Chalk art.

 
Sorry the light reflects on this frame. This was paint but in the same style as chalk. There's some creative style going on here!


Well of course I HAD to keep the letter R!


And look at this beauty? Just kidding. I actually painted this. Full disclosure: It wasn't exactly Paint By Number, but there was an instructor showing us each step. If you sit far enough back, it looks pretty good! 

And then there's the 3-D variety of art...


I don't know what to call this guy, but he's been sitting on my desk for 15 years.


The artist CA was in 3rd grade when he created it. So yeah, 15 years. Whoa. I've always just said it's a business card holder with attitude. But I'd hate to put any cards on there and cover up that face. It's part of the charm.

And that is the moment you witness Mom Mode go into overdrive. Only because I miss this. Miss seeing a brown-eyed boy get of the bus, run into my arms and say, "Look I what I made, Mom!" 

And thankful I hoard, er keep, a piece or two of priceless art around here so I'll always remember.

#gratitudemonth


No comments: