Monday, November 1, 2021

2021 Gratitude Challenge :: Day 1 - Someone


Happy November. Happy Gratitude Month! Remind me in 2022 to just consider every month Gratitude Month so I'll continue to count more blessings than challenges. 

Last November I did an alphabetical A to Z gratitude blog. This year, thanks to a suggestion from my former pastor, I'm doing this 25-day challenge. It'll mix things up. And you might even be surprised at some of the answers.

1. Someone you're thankful for

OK, not necessarily surprised the first day. A few dozen obvious answer here, but of course I need to kick off the month with gratitude for my much better half. And I mean Jim this time, not my twin sister. (Though I'm extremely grateful for her, too.)

So much to be thankful for with this guy. Not sure where to begin. Just know it's not an all-inclusive list here because that would take forever – and The Voice is on in half an hour.

One big thing today is that we've been working from home "together" for 606 days and we're still talking to each other. Even sleeping in the same bed, still! Obviously, he's got plenty of patience (mostly) and a high tolerance for ... well, me. Thank the Lord for that! On so many levels.

Pre-pandemic, while I worked out of the house and he at home, he'd manage to work laundry and dishwasher time into his work day. No worries, I have not interrupted his routine at all. But I'm seriously thankful he's attentive to it and has the work flexibility to do it. (See previous blogs about me being an undomestic goddess.)

Of course, I love his big brown eyes and dimples – and thankful he passed those along to the boys – but he does have a nice personality, too. Not in a bad way. 

He's Mr. Social. Everyone knows he's friendly and funny. But he also has good character. That becomes evident every time we run into people he's coached before. And that's a lot. And they range in age from 3 years younger than him down to current 15 years olds. What's special is these "kids" don't just remember him, he remembers them, too. And honest to god, they share a mutual story or memory each time. That's a good leader. A good influence. 

No wonder he's such a good father. And such a good husband. Coaching all those kids has prepared him to cope with me and my 8 million shortcomings. One of which is exaggerating, he'd point out. So I'll drop it down to 800. 

I can't thank God enough for making sure our paths crossed 25 years ago – yesterday, in fact. Definitely too many blessings to count. But I'm grateful for them all. 

Love you, hon! 

No comments: