Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Goodbye, November

Remember a year ago, on December 1st Eve, when we were like "Ohmigosh, I can't wait for stupid 2020 to be over with"? Yep. Good times.

I guess I was a bit too ignorant thinking that something with worldwide impact would just disappear with the flip of the calendar page. So here we are about to enter the last month of another sh*t show kind of year.

The good news is that we can at least get out of our houses and see each other again. And more importantly, hug each other again! A good number of us are vaccinated, too. But that doesn't mean the virus is gone. People still get it. People still die. 

I'm hopeful that will happen less and less because I don't like people we know having to suffer through this. And I'm really enjoying seeing people's faces – especially our student athletes – and getting my hearing back. Am I the only one who can't hear what people are saying behind the mask half the time? Apparently I've been reading lips for years and didn't know it. Give me a mask-wearing person behind plexiglass and I'm at a complete loss. Uff da.

Here's hoping we end 2021 on a high note. In a good way, not high numbers of victims. Let's enjoy December for what it is... Autumn 2/3 of the time and officially Hallmark Christmas movie season. 

It's looking better already.

Be careful out there!

No comments: