Friday, November 5, 2021

Gratitude Challenge Day 5 :: That's Entertainment

I'm going to slightly improvise for Day 5 of the Gratitude Challenge and add musicals.

Day 5: A favorite book or movie. 

For the record, I do have a few favorite books and movies I'm grateful for. But tonight, I have thrillifying Broadway musical on my mind – that was based on a book and set up as prequel to the Wizard of Oz movie.

Just got home from seeing Wicked over in Appleton. Clock's about to strike midnight, so this tired old witch will keep this short. 

I saw Wicked 10 years ago and loved it. And bought the swankified Wicked jacket I'm wearing above. Just had to have it. And dang, it's so cool I can't believe I don't wear it more often. Anyway, I was excited to wear it and see the show again.

My friend Cindy, who was my season ticket partner pre-Covid and during Covid, had never seen it. So I was excited to introduce her to my favorite show. Went to dinner at Good Company first, then walked down to the Emerald City. Left our broom parked at the restaurant!

The thing I love about Wicked is that there's more than one thing to love. It's entertaining as heck. Very funny. And sad moments, too. Great music. Incredible set designs. And the Broadway touring cast was crazy talented. We laughed and cried. 

I'm grateful for the experience. Grateful for the incredible message of friendship and acceptance in the musical. And grateful to share it with a dear friend. 

Pretty Oz-some!

#gratitudemonth

No comments: