Sunday, November 7, 2021

Gratitude Challenge Day 7 :: Unique

Not quite a week into this Gratitude Challenge and I'm already stymied. 

Day 7: Something unique about you.

Oh boy. I honestly can't think of a thing. I mean something to be grateful for!

I don't look unique – since I have 7 siblings and it's possible more than one of us looks like Dad. My creativity isn't unique – again I have 7 creative siblings thanks to our mom. My job isn't unique. My hobbies aren't. My skills and talents aren't either. 

Nothing is just me.

But I realized today when we were lighting candles at church for the saints who have left us this year, we don't miss these people because of one unique thing. We miss them because the combination of everything about them makes them special.

Sort of like cake ingredients. As a list on the recipe card, there's nothing wonderful about them. But mix them all together and they can create something pretty amazing.

I'm no saint, but I am grateful that God believes this package deal I call me is special. And worthy of love. And blessed with not just an admirable trait here and there on a "recipe card," but blessed with family and friends who each hold a unique place in my heart.

It doesn't make me any different than anyone else. But it makes me grateful and happy. That's all I need.

#gratitudemonth


No comments: